Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Peeps

Loving this Sunday evening. I look up from my book to see Holy Terror at my feet playing with his motorcycles and cars. Super Wy is halfway between the living area and kitchen creating his world through Legos. Drama Queen is listening to music on the computer and chatting with friends. And my oldest, Parkour Boy, is playing Star Wars on the Wii next to me. Occasionally, one shares a thought or funny comment with the others and there's giggling or growls and a response.

It's a comfort to sit and relax with the sounds of fake police sirens and burning tires. The chatter of Super Wy making dialogue for his people in Lego land. The clicking of my daughters fingers to the keyboard and the grunts and whoops and hollers of my son to the background of Star Wars music.

These are my peeps and even though we're all doing something separate, we're a unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment