Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life's too Short

This is just one lesson of many I try to teach my children:
  • Life is too short to worry about pleasing every person, just because you're afraid to be looked at differently.
  • Life is too short to call people friends who you really don't like, just because every one else is keeping them around.
  • Life is too short to keep negative aspects around, just because you're afraid of change.
  • Life is too short to listen to a person's rant, just because everyone is telling you that person "knows" something you don't.
  • And life is definitely too short to not move on, just because you're afraid you won't find something better.
I had to remind myself of this lesson today when I decided it was time to de-friend my first online friend...very weird experience, but also very liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment