Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day at the Archery (Ash's 1st Posting)

After work my buddy Dean and I headed to the Napa Archery Range and tested our skills with the bow. I’m definitely gonna be joining the range. If offers much more versatility then just the 20 yard range I have set in the backyard. Backyards a good place to stay conditioned but the archery range offers more technique, elevation and distance experience which reflects real world hunting conditions.

Must have shot my bow a hundred times today (rotates sore arms).


This picture is the results for Dean and I at 40 yard range site. Deans arrow are neon green and mine are white and yellow. This was a good grouping at 40 yards.

These next two pictures are Dean shooting 70 yards at 4-inch arrows groupings.



These next two are me shooting at 70 yards with same success.


After we shot the 20, 40, and 60 yard site range targets we walked the 3-D shooting range. It was a good experience, as we walked the range we shot multiple targets ranging from 20 yards – 80 yards. Success was a little difficult due to a consistent 20 mph cross wind but will definitely be heading out again on a less windy day.

For those interested in more information on the range I've attached the link here: http://www.ncfaa.com/silverado.html
See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment