Thursday, January 28, 2010

Remember?

I was busy cleaning up the lasagna dinner mess - and it was a mess - when Drama Queen turns towards me from where she's sitting at the computer.

"Hey, Mom. You remember my birthday, right?"

Now, I know this is an opening for something she wants to do for her birthday celebration in Fall(she starts planning almost a year in advance). But I decided to feign ignorance.

"Your birthday? You mean the last day of a 9 month pregnancy? The 6 hours of painful labor? The yearly reminder that you'll soon ditch me and never call anymore?" I wiggle my brows. "That day? Yeah, I think I remember that day. Why?"

Drama Queen rolls her eyes, but I can see the warm smile on her lips. "Oh my God, Mom. Whatever." She turns back to the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment